Wednesday 24 April 2019

OUGD603 - Personal Typographic Signature ( 1 day brief ) - research

Before beginning the research, I thought about how I would like the style of the signature to look and first listed the styles that inspire my work. From this I could then start to think about how these inspirations could have relevance to the design of a signature and whether they would reflect my style.

Style inspirations
  • street art
  • album cover art
  • 80s synth/wave aethetic
  • 90s rap
  • minimalism
  • stylish/high fashion
  • punk style
  • house/90s rave music
  • vintage style (50s/60s America)
  • wildlife/nature
Inspiring brands
  • Maniere De Voir
  • Nike
  • Maharishi
  • Dsquared2
  • Moretin, Aftermath, Futurism, Subsoul, Bicep - youtube channels
Inspirations
I knew that the style for the signature aimed to look somewhat stylish and sophisticated, but also informal and slightly playful. Therefore, I looked at these examples of signatures that were inspired by street art styles and others that were more elegant. By combining elements of the two, the sketches for the signature could communicate a creative persona with hints of presentability.

No comments:

Post a Comment