Thursday 12 October 2017

OUGD502 - Manifesto

Professionalism

Clients - creating work for others brings problems as it is subjective to the designer.

The work for clients is open to personal taste, colour preference, committee thinking, trend, cultural and ethnic acceptance and personality.

Clients will sometimes ask for things that cannot meet their wants. It is important to meet in the middle when deciding on the work with the client.

Mission statement - A paragraph summing up the things that a company or brand goes by. This will be to inspire and occupy workers, in a way that helps the company/brand thrive.

Turning down a clients job could be an option if it does not meet the designer's criteria.

'What is your personal manifesto video'

Task - Create your own manifesto

3 components of a manifesto - Beliefs, Goals and Wisdom

I believe...
- that all forms of design and creative ideas should take a subjective approach
- the world cannot exist without design
- design is a necessary tool for society as it projects creativity, uniqueness and discussion.
- In order to succeed in life, a level of dedication is needed. Design for me was my dedication.

I want to...
- be able to inspire others to succeed, through the use of design.
- find ways to be creative, that have not yet been done.
- create meaningful design that sparks discussion and creates an opinion in the viewer's mind.
- further extend my practice, through experimentation and collaboration

As a result of this I hope to...
- engage the intended audiences, understand the graphic design industry and experience new approaches to a creative environment.

Manifesto

Design in today's society is considered to be a necessary tool as it projects creativity, uniqueness and discussion. I believe that in order to succeed in life a level of dedication is needed. My own dedication lies in the creative practices of graphic design. Through the dedication to the practices, I aim to create meaningful and inspiring work that sparks discussion about real world issues. Through collaboration and experimentation, I am able to extend my practice and find new ways to create design that engages the audience and encourages them to have an opinion on the matter. As a result of my work, I hope to fully understand the graphic design industry and experience different approaches to creative environments.

No comments:

Post a Comment