Saturday 4 May 2019

OUGD603 - Personal Branding Evaluation

When starting this project, I felt that the concept would need to reflect the entirety of my personal practice. However, as my portfolio of work was so varied it meant that the approach would instead need to focus on what was frequently found throughout all of these projects. Therefore, I began by studying the projects I had worked on over the last few months and began to realise what they aimed to convey. As it was clear that my practice had changed over recent months to become more commercially driven and focused on branding identity, I knew that the personal branding concept could evolve from these principles.

As a result, the project began by revisiting an interpretation of my practice and changing it to an embodiment of my current practice. This included the fonts frequently used, colour schemes I enjoyed working with and formats I had practiced with over several projects. All these ideas could then be applied to the personal branding concept in ways that meant it would work both physically and digitally. This was an important part of the process, as I knew it needed to run consistently throughout.

I think that working on the personal branding also allowed me to understand what my practice currently looks like and what sorts of projects I enjoy doing. As a result of this, it also became easier to see how my career prospects could work around this practice, either as a freelancer in the coming months or as a member of a design team within an agency. One thing that stood out to me about this project was the way in which it was presented by the final outcome. Creating a concept board in a similar way to industry professionals, meant the branding identity could stand out online as a professional introduction to my practice, but also as a way to entice audiences to check out the rest of the work posted on my Behance page.

In coming months, this concept could prove beneficial to my online presence when seeking a position at a design studio. However, if freelancing turns out to be a more viable option to pursue, the personal identity also prepares me for financial contact with clients and gives them a professional overview of my graphic design abilities. Overall, this project has helped to bring together the work produced over the last few months, in a way that can now be presented in a professional manner and through various formats.

Link to Behance page
https://www.behance.net/alexpankhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment